Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas crunch and pretzel kisses

This is definitely a recipe worth sharing!  I got it from my sister in law a few years ago and have made it multiple times around Christmas since then.  It's actually great anytime, but somehow has just become a Christmas time treat for us.  It is AMAZING! 
What you need to make it and love it too:
CHRISTMAS CRUNCH
3 cubes butter
  1 C. corn syrup
1 C. sugar
Boil 2 minutes, let stand 5-7 minutes
2 C. Corn Chex
2 C. Rice Chex
                2 1/2 C. Honey nut Chex
                5 1/2 C. Golden Grahams
             1 pkg. slivered almonds
                         1 1/2 C. coconut (or as desired)
Mix cereals, almonds, and coconut in very large bowl.
Pour the butter, sugar syrup over the cereal mixture and mix well.
 This makes a lot!  It's great for taking to parties or giving as gifts.  I can only make it if 
we take or give it because otherwise we will eat it all!  Which can't be good.....: ) 
I packaged it up and gave it to neighbors.  Yum!!

One of our other favorite Christmas time treats are these pretzel kisses.  Have you seen or made these?  I love them!  I love the salt and sweet combo of pretzels and chocolate.  These are easy and fun for kids to help with.  Kids are actually a great help with all the unwrapping involved.


PRETZEL KISSES
Pretzels (I like these square ones best)
                                         Hershey's Kisses (any kind, I do milk chocolate and candy cane)
plain M&M's
Heat the oven to 170-190 degrees.  I have to heat mine to 190, it's old and electric.
Fill a cookie sheet with pretzels and top each with a Kiss.  My 4 year old loved helping with this!
Put in the oven for about 6 minutes to soften the chocolate.  The candy cane Kisses melt faster than the chocolate.  I'd probably do them on a separate cookie sheet next time : )
Once the chocolate is melty, press an M&M onto the top.  (You can see the candy cane ones are more melted.)  Then refrigerate for 10 minutes or so to harden.  Cute and yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...