Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Easy chalkboard sign


Have you tried chalkboard paint?  It is so fun!  I have seen recipes for making your own chalkboard paint in any color, oh the possibilities!  I plan to try making my own sometime, but for now I have the pre made paint from the hardware store.  Ready for the easiest chalkboard sign ever?
      
             Supplies:
  • Thin piece of wood
  • Chalkboard paint
  • Paint brush
  • Hooks
  • Twine
I primed my board, and painted it with two coats of the chalkboard paint.  Then I just screwed these eyelet hooks into the top, strung some twine between the two and DONE!
 Here is the same sign at my sisters wedding reception:
And here's what I have on it today:

 I am loving the chalkboard look!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...